Coming in 2023 – Cornerstone Village Wauwatosa
76th and North Avenue in Wauwatosa
Cornerstone Village located in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin will be an integrated residential and commercial Christian community that will welcome independent adults with developmental disabilities as well as young professionals and families.
Luther Group will be a partner in developing Cornerstone Village – Wauwatosa, and the development will include apartment and townhome units. The future Cornerstone Village site is currently home to a BMO Harris bank branch. Under our plan, we will retain the bank with a new office, with additional commercial and retail space on the first floor. AbleLight will design the retail spaces to provide opportunities for people with disabilities to learn valuable life skills, explore assistive technology to increase independence and possibly even be employed in a community-based business. More information will be shared as we proceed.
Once open, an on-site director of activities will create and customize resident events such as:
- Exercise classes
- Coffee hours
- Fook clubs
- Faith groups
- Community service opportunities for residents of all abilities
23 of the 92 units will be set aside at affordable rates for independent adults with developmental disabilities.
This development will be designed to provide opportunities for people with disabilities to:
- Learn valuable life skills
- Explore assistive technology to increase independence
- Potentially be employed in a community-based business
- We are working with city officials, community groups, local school districts and many others to make Cornerstone Village-Wauwatosa a reality. Local parents and family advocates for people with disabilities are closely involved and providing invaluable support for the project.
With appropriate approvals, groundbreaking is tentatively scheduled for Spring 2022.